Location: Lockington, Derby & Clyst St George, Exeter
Closing Date: Wed 25 Dec 2019
Positions: Full time
Locations: Arboricultural Consultant – Derby
Assistant Arboriculturists – Derby and Exeter
Salary: 20k – 30K (depending on role and experience)
About the Jobs
Are you an arboricultural professional and looking to join an established consultancy practice who pride themselves in offering a great place to work? If so, we are interested in hearing from you. FPCR Environment and Design Ltd is one of the UK’s leading integrated design practices working extensively throughout the UK. Over the last 60 years the practice has developed a valuable mix of multi-disciplinary expertise in masterplanning, environmental assessment, urban design, landscape, ecology, architecture, arboriculture and green infrastructure. We have implemented many award-winning schemes in environmentally sensitive locations.
Due to our ever-increasing client portfolio and the continuing development of our arboricultural department, we are looking to appoint an experienced, talented and energetic professionals. The positions provide the right candidates with an ideal opportunity to be a part of a motivated team who provide technical advice to a diverse range of clients covering projects across all aspects of arboriculture. Our team undertakes Arboricultural surveys, Arboricultural Impact Assessments and Method Statements in accordance with BS5837: Trees in Relation to Design Demolition and Construction – Recommendations. The candidates will also be involved in projects covering the preparation of Woodland Management Plans, Veteran Tree Assessments, NHBC Surveys and Tree Hazard Assessments.
Principal responsibilities/key duties:
- To undertake tree surveys for a range of construction projects (to BS 5837:2012);
- Carrying out tree health surveys, hazard assessments, visual tree inspection and risk assessment surveys, or assisting with them;
- Prepare arboricultural survey plans, arboricultural reports, arboricultural impact assessments and arboricultural method statements;
- Provide advice on a broad range of aboricultural issues for a range of clients;
- Work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team, in the planning and delivery of arboricultural services;
- Undertake on site construction supervision.
Skills and Experience
The candidates for all roles will have:
- Have excellent tree identification skills;
- A professional attitude being punctual, self-disciplined and having an ability to proactively manage their time to required working deadlines;
- A passion for Arboriculture and sustainable environmental design;
- Computer literacy with experience of MS Word and Excel;
- A current UK driving licence and access to own vehicle.
For the Arboricultultural Consultant role, ideally you will also have;
- A Level 3 or higher qualification in arboriculture or equivalent environmental discipline;
- Experience of technical report writing including Arboricultural Impact Assessments and Arboricultural Method Statements;
- Experience of undertaking tree hazard surveys and surveys in accordance with BS5837:2012;
- A good level of written English;
- The ability to provide detailed, concise and professional advice to clients both verbally and in written report form
For the Assistant Arboriculturalists roles, ideally you also have;
- Have a Level 2 or higher qualification in arboriculture or equivalent environmental discipline;
- Have a good level of written English;
Desirable skills and experience for all roles:
- Membership of a relevant professional association/body such as the Arboricultural Association, Royal Forestry Society or Institute of Chartered Foresters;
- Knowledge of GIS/AutoCAD systems would be advantageous, but training will be provided;
What you can expect in return:
We are offering a competitive salary (dependent on experience and skills) with the opportunity for annual bonuses, and 31 days holiday and a holiday purchase scheme. Enrolment on our pension scheme and an opportunity for continued professional development. Everyone receives Healthshield health insurance.
FPCR offers many workplace benefits, including activity and social events. FPCR is an equal opportunities employer.
If you feel you are the right candidate for any of these roles, or feel you can offer FPCR’s arboricultural team other relevant experience and skills, please submit your CV along with a covering letter, together with any supporting documentation which you feel may be of interest, via jobso.id/c9i4
For an informal discussion regarding this opportunity please contact: Helen Kirk –Associate Director of the Arboricultural Department on 01509 672772